Doug's Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

DCLA Roundup

It's been a week since we returned from DCLA. As I reflect back on the trip, there are so many good memories (and really no bad ones--flat tire aside). I'm so grateful to the leaders--John, Amanda, and Mandy--for their hard work throughout the trip. You don't understand all the logistics that go on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly on a trip like this, and those three are pros!

And to all of you who went, thanks for following directions and just being great! I was so impressed that during our 3 hour flat tire ordeal, I didn't hear one complaint--not one. You all made the trip a joy to be on.

And parents, I'm so grateful that you would trust me enough to take your kids for almost a week (into two major cities nonetheless). Thank you for the sacrifices you made to make this trip possible for your kids. I promise you it was worth it!

So now we wait for DCLA 2012...